Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Christmas!

Sorry it has been a long time since I've blogged. My surgery went well. After it was over, the doctor told Joseph it was a good thing that I had my surgery when I did because my bones had started to fuse together and there was a lot more damage to my joint than the MRI let on. He said there was no cartilage and no tissue left in my joint so he had to take more fat from my stomach than he anticipated to cushion my joint. I can't really complain about that! LOL. There is still a little indent where he took the fat from. I think it's kind of funny.

But since my joint was so damaged and because I have fibromyalgia, my doctor told me (and these are his exact words) that "it will take forever to heal". Awesome. I went back to work a week after surgery, but I was in so much pain from talking that I went straight to the doctor. That's when he told me it would take me forever to heal. So I stayed home another week. Then I went back 3 days before Thanksgiving and then most of the next week. But by the end I was in so much pain that my doctor and I decided that I shouldn't go back to work until the beginning of next year. Now I get to stay home and the only one I can talk to is Sammy.

I order to relieve some stress and to take my mind off of my pain, I started making Christmas crafts. I was actually able to sell the majority of the crafts that I made, so I was really excited. I am trying to set up my own little business called Apple Blossom Creations. Here is the link to my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apple-Blossom-Creations/173692049321933 Please show it to your friends. I am going to start working on some more upcoming seasonal designs as well as traditional every day designs. I am also doing custom orders. I have my own silhouette sd machine and I'm able to cut out vinyl and scrapbook paper. So if you want some vinyl letter, framed art, or original design in your home, let me know and I can give you a good price on it :)

We are gearing up for our trip to Disney World and to Boston. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in Florida, but it's going to be COLD in Boston! I'm not really used to that anymore! I was freezing in my house today because it was 69 degrees. Oh well, we can dress warm :)

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've gone through a lot. Good thing there's the internet when all you have to talk to is the dog :) I'll post your page on my fb wall... maybe you'll get rich just from that alone! lol. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete