Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Michael's Score!

My family gave me a $25 gift card to Michael's for Christmas. I wanted to stretch that as far as I could so I went in there one day and bought 2 pieces of scrapbook paper for $1.50 so I could get the 40% coupon that prints with your receipt. Except, they gave me a 50% off coupon instead! So awesome! I went back the next week to purchase my etching cream. I didn't realize this stuff was so expensive. For a 10 oz bottle it was $29. Luckily I had my 50% off coupon! So, with the remaining $23.50 on my gift card I bought glass etching cream and 2 bunches of gerbera daisies. Then, on my way out I spotted these red berry vines!
They were originially $6.99 and were marked down to $1.83! I love red berry vines so I picked up 3 bunches. I ended up paying 52 cents out of my own pocket. I thought I did a pretty good job for only $25!

So, my first attempt at glass etching was not a huge success. I think I failed because I did not put enough of the etching cream on. Here are the before and after pictures:




This is the design I chose from my silhouette which I printed out in vinyl and stuck to the glass. This is the finished project:

Pretty splotchy. It's ok though. That's why I do practice items first before I attempt my real project! (Which will be shown when it is finally done. It includes everything I purchased from Michael's on my gift card!... minus the scrapbook paper)

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see what your real project is!! and high five to you for getting all of that for $25! you rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete