I've had my fair share of cravings since I've been pregnant. At times I'm really grateful for my cravings because if I'm nauseous it will usually take the nausea away. Such a blessing! The majority of the foods I've been craving since I've been pregnant are not things I normally eat. The first craving I had was even before I knew I was pregnant. It was for a cheese burger. It is very rare for me to eat a cheese burger and I never go to the restaurant and order one! We had been working hard all day so we decided to get some burgers. Well, that craving didn't stop for a few weeks! I wanted burgers all the time!
My next consistent craving was rasberries. Luckliy rasberries are very good for you so I didn't feel so bad about eating these. The bad thing about rasberries is that they are expensive. So thankfully that craving has died down.
And the food I have been craving for the majority of my pregnancy.... POTATOES! I have always loved mashed potatoes but I would really only eat them at holidays. Except before and after my jaw surgery. I would eat them during that time becaues they were soft not because I really wanted them. But now I crave all types of potatoes... mashed, french fries, potato skins, tater tots, potato salad (which I normally don't even like!), and etc. I love them. My midwife told me (in front of Joseph) that I should stay away from potatoes now that I'm out of my 1st trimester. But it's so hard! Every time I talk about potatoes Joseph "kindly" reminds me I shouldn't eat them. I've been really good about it. I really only eat them 1-2 times a month which I think is pretty good considering I want them all the time! LOL.
If you can't tell, I'm really hungry and ready for lunch! That's what prompted this post. I was trying to decide what to eat! LOL
PS. To clarify, my midwife said I should stay away from potatoes because my fibromyalgia has been really bothering me since I've been pregnant. She said one way to help it from getting really bad is to try and only gain about 20 - 25 pounds. I've gained about 5 so far. I don't know what I'll gain later on but I'm trying to stay active (at least taking a walk every day) and eat healthy.
I would be willing to be you two are having a boy!! Literally your cravings are mine down to a T. I ate mcdonald's cheeseburgers every day for a couple weeks and had tator tots for dinner after that. I'm curious as to why your midwife told you not to eat potatoes...
ReplyDelete