I was at a baby shower last night and we were talking about writing things down about our children. I really haven't been good at that and it makes me feel bad. Here are somethings I want to remember about Adelyn so I can tell her when she's older. She's about to turn 18 months old in a few days.
*She started walking right around 13 months old. I unfortunately don't remember the actual date anymore but I think it was March 23. We were baby sitting for our friend's daughter, Ivy. Adelyn had been taking a few steps here and there but she was nervous to really go. Joseph was sitting by the couch and I was across the room infront of the TV stand (a good distance apart). She was able to go back and forth between us. We realized she was really walking when she turned the corner around the couch to go to Sammy's kennel. She was so proud of herself!
*She loves wearing bracelets and shoes! The bracelets are little connector rings that we used to hang toys from her car seat. She used to put 6 or more on each arm. We've since lost some of them so now she usually just wears what she can find. She used to need to wear them to go to bed, but she has lost interest in that for now. Shoes make her really excited though! Sometimes whens he doesn't want me to get her dressed I ask her if she wants to wear her shoes and sock so she'll calm down and let me dress her. Mostly when she was really young, I would put one sock on and she would twirl her foot around admiring her sock. Then she would give me the other foot so I could put the next sock on and she would do the same thing. I loved watching that.
*At Christmas, I received a snow globe in a cylinder box. The box was silver and sparkly. Adelyn really liked it so I put it in her toy box. We started playing around and I put the lid on her head and told her it was a hat. 8 months later, and she still picks it up and puts it on her head and calls it her "ahht".
*We went to Joseph's parent's house over the 4th of July. They had bought this small bike that was similar to a power wheels. She quickly learned to press the button and ride it. Joseph's dad came and spent the night when he had a meeting out here a few weeks ago and he brought the bike. Adelyn likes to ride it up and down the hallway.
*After our trip to Joseph's parents house, whenever Adelyn sees a man with a white beard she thinks it's her Papa. So she starts saying Papa, Rara (Nana).
*I bought her a little shopping cart that has a Flintstones car on the front of it. She so badly wants to fit inside that car. I think she finally learned she's too big. But she loves putting her toys in the car and the cart and pushing it around the house. I bought it for $1 at a yard sale. Great buy!
*Another great buy from a yard sale was a Curious George stuffed animal. 25 cents! I washed it and sterilized it. Then when we gave it to her she gasped, giggled, grabbed the monkey and did the sign for thank you. It was so cute! She still loves bringing that monkey to bed.
*Before she was born, I made a couple of receiving blankets with lady bugs on them. She now LOVES those blankets and needs one to go to bed. If there are any other blankets around in her room, she will want those in her bed as well. When I go to get her in the morning she hands me everything in her bed one at a time. For each blanket she says "bah" and hands one to me. Then when she gets to her monkey and says "ah-ah". We love that!
*When something has a double S sound, she calls them "fff-fff". Just making the f sound. She does it for princess, horsey, and Jesus. For things with a single s sound she just says fff. She does that for cheese, socks, and shoes.
*Her first words were hi and bye but they came out haa and baa. She sounded like a little southern bell. She would even do a limp wrist waive while saying baaa. It was so funny! Now she is starting to really say bye and hi.
*One time she and I were at HEB and Adelyn said hi to an older gentleman in the canned fruit aisle. He came over to her and said he gives all babies a dollar. So he gave her a dollar and we put it in her piggy bank when we got home.
*When Adelyn says yeah it's "AHHH!" Sometimes when she gets really excited she opens her mouth in shock and says "Ahhh!!" Our couch is a sectional. She likes to sit on the couch when I'm in the kitchen and play peak-a-boo with me. She loves it!
*At 18 months she started saying Go when we were watching Baby Einsteins. They were saying stop.... go....stop... go. Now she is saying Go :)
*At story time she is always given a name tag. The librarian has a big felt board where she puts felt shapes up there and we sing a song to it. Adelyn always thinks it's time for her to run up there and put her name tag on the board.
*She LOVES collecting acorns! She's been doing this for at least 9-10 months now. It's so funny! There is almost always a neat and organized pile of acorns on my front step.
*She loves going to the zoo and seeing the monkeys. Right now her favorite animals are tigers, monkeys, and lions.
*Her favorite movie right now is Rio (It used to be Lady and the Tramp but now she's bored with it). Her favorite TV show is Little Einstein's. She calls it pat pat pat while patting her lap. In the show they pat their laps to help their rocket take off.
*We went on the train at the zoo a couple of weeks ago and she really enjoyed it.
*She loves going in the quarter rides outside of stores. Mostly the cars. She loves driving cars and spining steering wheels. There are always steering wheels at the playground that she loves to use. We went to a little Kiddie amusement park. There was a car ride that she liked and looked so cute driving the car by herself.
*Sometimes we go to the splash pad on the Ft. Sam Houston Base. She is starting to like the water but she's still nervous around it. She loves the playground there as well.
*I emptied the cabinet below our bathroom sink because we never got around to getting locks for it. Now she puts all of her toys in there. She has a huge pink ball that she tries to put in there but it's too big, so she just bounces back.
*Whenever Adelyn takes a bite of something or a sip of something or sees yummy food on tv she says "Mmm" in a high pitched voice. It's SOOO CUTE! It's hard to remain reverent during the sacrament when she says "mmm" after the bread and the water.
What a cute girl and a great collection of memories of her at this stage!
ReplyDelete